Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
The Children's National Research Institute
- Quantitative Imaging
- Machine Learning
- Computational Phenotyping
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Sibiu, Sibiu, Romania, (1996-1997)
- M.A., Cultural Studies, University of Sibiu, Sibiu, Romania, (1997-1998)
- D.Phil., Medical Image Analysis, University of Oxford, Oxford, U.K., (1999-2003)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Medical Image Analysis, French National Institute of Research in Computer Science, Sophia Antipolis, France, (2003-2005)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Medical Image Analysis, Harvard University, Cambridge, M.A., (2004-2006)
Professor of Radiology, Pediatrics and Biomedical Engineering, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Marius George Linguraru, DPhil, MA, MSc loves working with multidisciplinary teams of clinicians, scientists and engineers to help children grow healthy and happy. He is Principal Investigator in the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation at Children's National Hospital in Washington, D.C., where he founded and directs the Precision Medical Imaging Group. Dr. Linguraru is also Professor with Tenure of Radiology and Pediatrics and Secondary Professor of Biomedical Engineering at George Washington University. He co-founded PediaMetrix LLC, a company focused on infant well-being by creating solutions to improve the management of conditions of early childhood. He joined the Sheikh Zayed Institute from the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, where he maintains an appointment as Associate Investigator. He completed his doctorate at the University of Oxford and holds masters degrees in science and in arts from the University of Sibiu. He held fellowships at the French National Institute of Research in Computer Science and at Harvard University.
Dr. Linguraru is the recipient of numerous awards, including a prize for Excellence in Engineering by a Younger Engineer at the Houses of Parliament in London, UK. He is a member of the Technical Directors Board Committee of the IEEE Signal Processing Society, Vice-Chair of the Technical Committee on Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society and served as Distinguished Lecturer of the society. He is the General Chair of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging 2019 in Venice, Italy.