What patients and families need to know
The Children's National Research Institute
- Fellowship Program, Pediatric Anesthesiology, Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC (1993)
- Residency Program, Anesthesiology, University of Maryland Medical System, College Park, MD (1992)
- Internship Program, Internal Medicine, University of Maryland Medical System, College Park, MD (1989)
- M.D., SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY (1988)
- B.S., Chemistry, St. John's University, New York, NY (1984)
Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Professor of Pediatrics, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Julia Finkel, M.D., is a pediatric anesthesiologist and vice chief for Pain Medicine and Research in the Division of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine. She is also a principal investigator in the Pain Medicine Initiative of the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation.
Dr. Finkel has extensive experience designing and conducting clinical trials relating to analgesics in children and has received substantial support from industry. Dr. Finkel is regularly invited to speak at national meetings on topics related to pediatric pain management.