Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
The Children's National Research Institute
- Food Allergy
- Clinical Trials
- Global Health
- M.P.H., Global Health and Environmental Sciences, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT, (2018-2019)
- Fellowship, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, (2016-2019)
- Residency, Internal Medicine, UPMC Pinnacle Lititz, Lititz, PA, (2009-2013)
- DO, Medicine, Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL, (2009-2013)
- B.S., Biology, Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL, (2006-2009)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Joel Brooks, D.O., M.P.H., is a staff allergist and immunologist in the Division of Allergy and Immunology at Children's National Hospital. He completed medical school at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, residency and chief residency at UPMC Pinnacle Lititz Hospital, and allergy and immunology fellowship at the Yale School of Medicine. During fellowship, he completed a Masters of Public Health with a focus on global health and social and behavioral sciences at the Yale School of Public Health. In addition, he completed the Fellows as Medical Educators certificate program at the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Brooks is an assistant professor of Pediatrics at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and the site director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases allergy and immunology fellowship.
Dr. Brooks's areas of clinical and research interests include food allergies, drug allergies and angioedema. He is actively exploring the relationship between food allergies and infant feeding practices as well as the utility of food component testing in determining readiness for oral food challenges. Dr. Brooks has presented his work at national and international meetings as well as published in scientific journals. He is also very engaged in medical education and serves on the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Clinical Rotation Curriculum Committee.