Children’s health care needs are unique throughout all stages of their development.
At Children's National Pediatricians & Associates, we offer a variety of pediatric care services for your child, including:
- Well child check-ups, immunizations and flu shots
- Sick visits/same day appointments available
- Care for minor injuries and illnesses
- New patient and newborn evaluations
- Comprehensive adolescent health care
- Care for children with special needs
- Evaluation and counseling for behavioral, emotional and learning problems
- Developmental testing and screening
- School, sports and camp physicals
- School and daycare health forms
- Breastfeeding support and infant nutrition
- Hearing and vision screening
- Prescription refills
- Referrals to Children’s National specialists
Referrals for Specialty Care
Children’s health care needs are unique throughout all stages of their development. Sometimes, this means that your pediatrician or nurse practitioner may recommend seeing a specialist for conditions other than routine care. These can include audiology, heart care, diabetes, gastroenterology, gynecology, care for expectant parents and more. To support your child’s health care needs, our care providers work with the Children’s National Hospital network of specialists. For the fifth year in a row, Children's National has been ranked one of the top 10 pediatric hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
If your child needs specialty care, our practices will work with your family to connect you to the best providers. Depending on your insurance plan, your child may need a referral from your pediatrician. Referrals for specialists can be sent electronically or via a hard copy referral. After you have seen the specialist, your primary care provider is available to review the recommendations made and to help coordinate ongoing care for your child.