Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Children's National Experts Presenting at American Academy of Pediatrics Conference
Key topics include mental health, adolescent sexual health, and neonatology
October 23, 2015
Washington, DC— Pediatric experts from Children’s National Health System will present at the 2015 American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference and Exhibition, which runs from October 24 – 27 in the District of Columbia.
Experts from a variety of pediatric disciplines will discuss relevant topics for child health practitioners including experts from the Children’s gastroenterology, neonatology, and neurology programs, which were each ranked among the top 10 programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report this year. Other Children’s National specialties that will be represented at AAP this year include cardiology, critical care, emergency medicine, pediatrics, orthopaedics, and rheumatology.
Select topics being presented by Children’s National experts include:
- Implementing Mental Health Screenings in Pediatric Primary Care — Lee Beers, MD, Melissa Long, MD, Leandra Godoy, PhD
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Peninsula Region Medical Center— Nahid Rostami, MD
- Patient Satisfaction in Academic Clinics — Benjamin D. Martin, MD
- Parental Stress Before and After Skin-to-Skin Contact in the NICU — Natalia Isaza, MD
- The Gluten-Free Diet: Not for Everyone — John Snyder, MD
- Universal STI Screenings for Teens in Pediatric Emergency Departments — Monika Goyal, MD, MSCE
- Update on Epilepsy Treatment — Dewi Depositario-Cabacar, MD
The AAP National Conference and Exhibition is the premier annual pediatric educational forum for physicians, residents, medical students, nurses, and allied health members to discuss practical updates and reviews of pediatric practice, research, and advocacy.
For a complete list of presenters and topics, visit http://www.aapexperience.org/.
Contact: Lauren Lytle at 202-476-4500.###
For the Media
Find a Provider
Media Email Sign Up
Want the latest Children's National news and stories as they happen? Sign up to get our News & Events releases by email.