COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
The HSC Health Care System
Program Type: Inpatient
We care about both the physical and emotional well-being of your child. Pediatric psychology services help your child and family adjust to complex medical conditions and hospital stays. Our pediatric psychologists are part of your child’s inpatient medical team and attend to the emotional, behavioral, social, and developmental needs of your child.
- Psychological consultations
- Individual and family therapy interventions
- Parent/child counseling
- Psychoeducation about the social, emotional and behavioral aspects of complex medical conditions
- Treatment for preexisting or newly established psychological disorders
- Coping and adjustment difficulties
- Psychological factors that affect their medical conditions (e.g., anxiety, depression)
- Behavioral issues
- Psychosocial pain management
- Medical adherence
- Grief and bereavement
Our pediatric psychologists consult regularly with other members of your child’s medical team, including physicians, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech/language therapists, nutritionists, case managers, recreation specialist and child life specialists. They also recommend appropriate follow-up care when your child leaves the hospital.
The HSC Pediatric Center
1731 Bunker Hill Road, NE
Washington, DC 20017
Daytime and afterschool appointments are available Monday through Friday.
To schedule an outpatient appointment, call 202-635-5580 on weekdays.
To learn more about this inpatient program, call our admission office at 202-635-6115, or visit our how to get services page.
How to Get Medical Services and Therapy
Learn how you can get Medical Services and Therapy at the HSC Pediatric Center.