Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
In order to provide the most efficient processing of PHNIQ payments (formerly CIQN), we have moved checks and credit cards to Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments.
ACH payments will decrease paper while improving the efficiency, security and delivery of payments.
View our “How-to Guide” on ACH Payments.
- An ACH transfer is the electronic movement of money between banks through the Automated Clearing House network, one of the biggest U.S. payment systems.
- The types of transfers include external funds transfers, person-to-person payments, bill payments and direct deposits.
- Payments are processed in two ways, which vary in delivery speed and cost:
- ACH debit transactions involve money getting “pulled” from an account. When you set up a recurring bill payment, for example, the company you’re paying can pull what it’s owed from your account each month.
- ACH credit transactions let you “push” money online to accounts at different banks, either accounts you own or friends’ and family members’ accounts.
- Follow this guide.
- Then, contact your bank to set up your account to send ACH payments.
- Add PHNIQ, formerly CIQN, as the recipient using the banking information provided.
- Payments are received in 1-2 business days; same day transfers are available.
- Please contact your bank for specific options.
- Most banks do not charge a fee.
- Please contact your bank for specific details.
- A wire transfer has higher fees than ACH.
- Streamlined revenue cycle
- Eliminate lost checks
Please remember to put CIQN and your 3-digit practice number on the memo or text field when sending an ACH to ensure your payment is allocated to your practice. Should you have any questions please email us