2017 Future of Pediatrics
CME PROGRAM: “Practical Pediatrics for the Practicing Pediatrician”
Download the full agenda.
CNHN has sponsored its Future of Pediatrics CME Program annually each June since 1999. The program includes two full-days of CME presentations - targeted at improving the care provided by practicing pediatricians. We have aligned our CME program with the Children’s National Annual Medical Staff dinner- bringing our community pediatricians and Children’s National specialists together for an evening.
What’s happening at this year’s CNHN Future of Pediatrics?
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 | Marriott North Bethesda Hotel & Conference Center
- 8:45 a.m., Mark Weissman, M.D., Welcome & Introduction — “Shared Care” between Primary Care & Specialists
- 9:00 a.m., Naida Kalloo, M.D., — Pediatric Urology: When to Refer
- 9:30 a.m., Rana Hamdy, M.D., — Judicious Use of Antibiotics in Primary Care
- 10:30 a.m., Craig DeWolfe, M.D., — BRUE: Brief Unexplained Events in Infants
- 11:15 a.m., Michael Lotke, M.D., Raquel Langdon, M.D., Laura Gray, M.D., Angela Fletcher, M.D., Robin Fabin, B.S.N., — Co-Managing POTS patients
- 12:30 a.m., Mark Weissman, M.D., — Children’s National Updates (Lunch)
- 1:30 p.m., Ashraf Harahsheh, M.D., — Syncope & Chest Pain in Children: To Refer or Not Refer
- 2:15 p.m., Robin Doroshow, M.D., — When Should the PCP Order a Cardiac Test?
- 3:00 p.m., Ian Leibowitz, M.D., — Value-Based Care Approach to GE Reflux in Infants
- 3:30 p.m., Brooke Bokor, M.D., — Contraception
- 4:00 p.m., Scott Norton, M.D., Yasmine Kirkorian, M.D., Kalyani Marathe, M.D., — Pediatric Dermatology Updates: Cost-Conscious Care; Simple Solutions for Scaly Stuff; Infant Birthmark Evaluation
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- 8:45 a.m., Mark Weissman, M.D., — Welcome & Introduction: Shared Care Integrating Behavioral Health in Primary Care
- 9:00 a.m., Mental Health Screening & Triage in Primary Care Practice
- 9:30 a.m., Mental Health Resources & Co-Management
- 12:30 p.m., Mark Weissman, M.D., — CNHN Updates & Announcements
- 12:45 p.m., Drs. Quion, Gray & Chapman — Immigrant Health
- 1:45 p.m., Benny Kerzner, M.D., — Best Practices for the Management of Celiac Disease
- 2:15 p.m., Gustavo Nino, M.D., Daniel Lewin, M.D., — Evaluating & Managing Sleep Disorders
- 3:15 p.m., Daniel Lewin, M.D., Eena Kapoor, M.D., — Mindfulness Medicine
- 4:00 p.m., Benjamin Martin, M.D., Matthew Oetgen, M.D., — Orthopedics Update: Value-Based Management of Common Orthopedic Concerns