COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
About Our Program
Each year, students from medical schools around the country are selected to join us for the Advancing Diversity in Academic Pediatrics during the summer preceding their application to residency. The program includes:
- Immersion in a one-month clinical experience
- Faculty mentors to provide career guidance and perspective on academic pediatrics
- Resident ambassadors to provide an inside view of the residency program and their application process
- Networking opportunities to help participants further advance their careers
- Special sessions to help prepare for short and long term career goals
- A stipend to offset the cost of travel and housing
- Waived Children’s National Hospital elective application fee typically charged to students from unaffiliated institution
Support the Advancing Diversity in Academic Pediatrics Program
If you would like to donate to support this program to expose medical students to academic pediatrics through a one-month rotation with a variety of experiences, please indicate the Advancing Diversity in Academic Pediatrics Program – Special Purpose Fund 44506.