COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Adult Congenital Heart Disease in the 21st Century
This two-day program offers physicians and health care providers a comprehensive review of the evaluation, diagnosis and management of adult congenital heart disease, and heart disease during pregnancy. Through a series of multidisciplinary lectures, and question and answer sessions, the Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) conference invites all disciplines to examine the progression and treatment of congenital heart disease from adolescence through adulthood. This includes not only cardiac, but also non-cardiac complications including neurodevelopmental challenges and multi-system organ involvement. The conference also reviews innovative treatment options that may be utilized for adult congenital heart disease patients.
- Identify the increasing prevalence of adults with congenital heart disease and address some of the complications that can result from lifelong congenital heart disease.
- Consult and coordinate with expert maternal/prenatal medicine care for optimization of outcomes for mothers and babies.
- Appraise the catheter-based interventional procedures in adults with congenital heart disease, and compare the risks and benefits of each modality and approach.
- Identify the prevalence of mood disorders in adult congenital heart disease patients.
- Identify how to evaluate and treat patients with coarctation of the aorta.
- Review new and innovative therapies that might be utilized for patients with adult congenital heart disease.
- Identify and recognize the implications of neurocognitive challenges that adults with congenital heart disease experience.
- Recognize the extra-cardiac complications that occur in adults with congenital heart disease.
- Consult and coordinate with ACHD experts for cardiac transplantation and advanced mechanical support evaluation in ACHD patients.
- Recognize the importance of consulting ACHD specialists in the evaluation and care of ACHD patients with pulmonary hypertension.
Who Should Attend?
This conference is intended for healthcare providers interested in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of adults with congenital heart disease.
- Primary care physicians
- Cardiologists and surgeons who specialize in both pediatric and adult congenital heart disease, as well as maternal-prenatal medicine specialists
- Obstetricians and gynecologists
- Radiologists residents, fellows, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and geneticists
Patients and families are welcome to attend.