COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Our Environment and Inspiration
Empowering Nurses, Improving Outcomes
At Children’s National, we’ve fostered a culture that provides nurses the autonomy and resources to:
- initiate research and advance children’s healthcare
- collaborate with colleagues across the hospital and around the world
- help shape day-to-day care delivery, as well as the strategic direction of our health system
- grow professionally and advance their education
“The nurses at Children’s National are crafting ‘their story’ every day as they define and establish a foundation to lead and transform care for patients and families, achieve professional mastery, demonstrate exemplary patient care, and excel in nursing research and innovation toward the advancement of pediatric nursing."
- Linda Talley, MS, RN, NE-BC, FAAN, Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer
The PPM demonstrates the holistic nature of nursing within the core context of patient and family-centered care in alignment with the Children’s National mission of Care, Advocacy, Research, and Education.
It puts patients and their families at the heart of all we do, supported by evidence-based nursing, professional development, and shared nursing leadership. In a culture of collaboration and respect, nurses partner with all members of the healthcare team in caring for patients, improving quality, and enhancing the patient and family experience.
Through the application and evaluation of the PPM, the Children’s National nurse:
- Integrates and applies the concepts of patient and family-centered care
- Impacts our nursing practice through shared decision-making
- Strengthens and expands practice through evidence-based nursing
- Embraces professional development opportunities
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration with healthcare partners
Meanwhile, our Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) program incentivizes every nurse to seize the PPM’s inherent opportunities. CAP not only encourages, but rewards our nurses for initiating research, participating in leadership councils, and advancing their education.
See our Nursing Openings
A Place to Grow & Thrive
Opportunities for professional development support not only nurses’ career aspirations, but patients’ outcomes.Nursing Education