Research & Innovation Campus
Research & Innovation Building
Play and Exploration Area
Discovering Brighter Futures for Children Through Partnership
We have so much to celebrate as we approach our 150th birthday in 2020, such as the opening of our new Research & Innovation campus. It will transform the future of pediatric medicine. We have big goals for children as we look toward the next 150 years and we seek partners to join us. Together, we will fuel new discoveries, improve access to the latest advances, provide primary care to families in Washington, D.C.’s Ward 4 and offer hope for children with rare diseases.
The new campus will be a one-of-a-kind incubator, supercharging research and enhancing care for children in our region and around the world. Our new 12-acre-site at the former Walter Reed Army Medical Center will include:
- A nearly 160,000-square-foot research complex
- JLABS @ Washington, D.C.—a collaborative Johnson & Johnson Innovation space for the development of new pediatric applications
- Space for an academic partner (to be named fall 2019) to develop new pediatric devices and therapies
- A state-of-the-art outpatient center
- An 18,000-square-foot conference theater, including a 300-seat auditorium for collaboration and community use
- Green, outdoor spaces where kids can be kids despite the health challenges they may face
Philanthropy changes lives. This ambitious endeavor to improve children’s health requires the commitment of many partnerships. This includes city and corporate leaders and those willing to invest in the future we envision together.
To learn more about how you, your company or your foundation can get involved, please contact Julie Butler, Associate Vice President, Corporate and Community Giving at (301) 565-8508 or JButler@ChildrensNational.org.
For more information about our new campus, please click here.