What patients and families need to know
Resources for Families
Our team includes specialists who will ensure your experience at Children’s National Hospital will go as smoothly as possible. We’re here to take care of your family’s emotional and practical needs, so you can focus on your baby.
As board-certified family nurse practitioners and genetic counselors, our care coordinators specialize in helping families navigate their way through the clinical aspects of our program.
- Call you within one business day of receiving your referral
- Coordinate all the testing and consultations you need, often within a single visit
- Serve as a single point of contact for any questions you have about your baby’s condition or prenatal diagnosis and care
- Ensure a seamless care transition through neonatal and outpatient specialty care
Dedicated Patient Experience Service
Our patient experience liaisons coordinate all of the non-clinical aspects of your baby’s care. This includes:
- Helping you understand the basics: where to go and where to park when you have an appointment
- Helping you get appointments that work for your schedule
- Answering questions about our program and other Children’s National services
- Escorting you to tests or appointments that are not located at the Prenatal Pediatrics Institute
To speak with our Patient Experience Liaison, please call 202-476-7425.
Sign up for updates from the Prenatal Pediatrics Institute.
At Children’s National, we help take care of you and your family’s emotional and practical needs, so you can focus on your baby. Additional support services available here include: