COVID-19 Update:Learn more about how we are protecting our patients, families and staff, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Questions to Ask Your Pediatric Cardiologist
- Why is this treatment or procedure being recommended, and what exactly will happen?
- Can you send me for a second opinion?
- My child has a heart murmur. Does my child need to see a pediatric cardiologist?
- What type of imaging or technology does your facility have to provide the best diagnosis for my child’s condition?
- What are the potential risks?
- What potential benefits have been seen, or might be deemed possible?
- What about my child’s quality of life? Do the benefits outweigh the risks?
- If this is a trial procedure, why would you choose this one over another one?
- What is your medical background? How long have you been doing procedures or treatments like this? Where did you train?
- If my child needs surgery, are your anesthesiologists fellowship trained in pediatrics?
- Can I be involved in the care process for my child?
- Will there be support available during our care, such as child life specialists, social workers, translators, etc.?
- Does the hospital have a parent/family advisory council that integrates the parent’s perspective in how care is delivered?
- Do you have various locations where I can be seen for my child’s pre-surgical evaluation, surgery and post-surgery follow-up care?
- Do you have a pre-surgical tour that can help ease my child’s fears regarding the process?
Download a PDF of these questions.
Make an Appointment
Children's National in Your Neighborhood
Did you know Children’s National has more than 50 locations throughout the region? Find one that’s convenient for your family.
Find a Children's Location Near You
Find a Provider