Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
Questions to Ask Your Pediatric Cardiologist
- Why is this treatment or procedure being recommended, and what exactly will happen?
- Can you send me for a second opinion?
- My child has a heart murmur. Does my child need to see a pediatric cardiologist?
- What type of imaging or technology does your facility have to provide the best diagnosis for my child’s condition?
- What are the potential risks?
- What potential benefits have been seen, or might be deemed possible?
- What about my child’s quality of life? Do the benefits outweigh the risks?
- If this is a trial procedure, why would you choose this one over another one?
- What is your medical background? How long have you been doing procedures or treatments like this? Where did you train?
- If my child needs surgery, are your anesthesiologists fellowship trained in pediatrics?
- Can I be involved in the care process for my child?
- Will there be support available during our care, such as child life specialists, social workers, translators, etc.?
- Does the hospital have a parent/family advisory council that integrates the parent’s perspective in how care is delivered?
- Do you have various locations where I can be seen for my child’s pre-surgical evaluation, surgery and post-surgery follow-up care?
- Do you have a pre-surgical tour that can help ease my child’s fears regarding the process?
Download a PDF of these questions.
Make an Appointment
Children's National in Your Neighborhood
Did you know we have 4 locations in Northern Virginia?
Find a Children's Location Near You
Find a Provider