Coronavirus Update:What patients and families need to know
The Children’s National Sarcoma Program is one of the few in the U.S. where children and their families can see a pediatric oncologist, orthopaedic oncologist, pathologist, and physical therapist in one comprehensive visit.
The Children’s National Hospital Sarcoma Clinic
As part of our efforts to improve outcomes and quality of life for children with sarcomas, we offer a dedicated sarcoma clinic. Here, all of the experts your child needs are in one place. This saves you the time of making separate appointments and ensures your child receives comprehensive care.
Our team includes:
- Oncologists specializing in solid tumors
- Orthopaedic oncologists and surgeons
- Musculoskeletal radiologists
- Physical therapists who specialize in working with cancer patients
- Radiation oncologists
- Pathologists (learn more about pathology at Children’s National)
The Sarcoma Clinic at Children’s National: What to Expect
Before each visit, our experts discuss your child’s case in our sarcoma tumor board. During these meetings, we review the unique aspects of your child’s condition. This helps us determine the best care for your child and which specialists he or she needs to see.
During your child’s visit, we may:
- Review their latest imaging scans
- Monitor progress, side effects, and complication risks associated with current treatments
- Develop plans for future treatments or make changes to existing ones
- Assess whether your child’s treatments are affecting their growth and development
- Discuss any support needs you or your family may have and connect you to our resources
Depending on your child’s condition and where they are in their treatment, he or she may need to visit the sarcoma clinic once a week or every few months.
For more information or to make an appointment, call us at 202-476-6701 or meet the team.
Make an Appointment
Children's National in Your Neighborhood
Did you know we have 4 locations in Northern Virginia?
Find a Children's Location Near You
Find a Provider