Resources for Families
At Children’s National, we offer many support programs and services for families caring for a child with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG), including:
- Concierge Services. If you’re traveling for your child’s treatment, our concierge team can arrange accommodations and help you feel more at home when you arrive.
- PANDA Team. Our PANDA Team provides extra support for children with serious illnesses and their families. We work to prevent and ease patients’ suffering, as well as to help families cope with a whirlwind of emotions.
- Chaplaincy Services. Clinically trained, chaplains are on-call 24/7, and are available to patients, families and staff for support, education, ritual and consultation.
With few on-the-ground resources for this rare disease, we also connect families to DIPG-related online groups and websites for more information and support.
- DIPG Registry. Learn more about DIPG and advances in the fight against it on this site built to support innovative DIPG research.
- Defeat DIPG. The Michael Mosier Foundation, started by a family who lost a child to DIPG, can help you get more information about the disease and treatment options.
- Smashing Walnuts Foundation. The family of Gabriella Miller, a DIPG patient, started the Smashing Walnuts Foundation to raise money for scientific research and clinical trials. The charity has already awarded $100,000 in research funding to Children’s Research Institute for our DIPG studies.