COVID-19 Update:Learn where you can get your child vaccinated, as well as other important facts about COVID-19.
Programs and Services
We take a team approach to care, offering collaborative subspecialty care for each patient and family. We understand that every child is unique and deserves individualized care for their disease.
Learn more about the specialized services we provide for our pediatric oncology patients:
- Brain Tumor Institute (Neuro-Oncology Program): Each year, the Brain Tumor Institute at Children’s National evaluates more than 100 new patients with brain tumors each year. Using a uniquely collaborative approach, experts in both neurology and oncology work on a multidisciplinary team to provide the best possible care for children with brain tumors. Learn more about the Brain Tumor Institute.
- Cancer Genetics Program: We developed a specialized cancer genetics clinic to help family members understand their risk of cancer and provide early detection and treatment. Learn more about the Cancer Genetics Program.
- Cancer Survivorship Program: We are the only hospital in the Washington, D.C., area with a team of experienced specialists who follow children through adolescence and young adulthood, helping them manage any complications from cancer treatment. Learn more about the Cancer Survivorship Program.
- Solid Tumor Program: Children’s is home to an entire team of dedicated pediatric solid tumor (sarcoma) experts. Delivering the latest treatments and offering clinical trials that are not widely available. The Sarcoma Clinic is a national leader in providing innovative, collaborative care to patients with a range of soft-tissue sarcomas. Learn more about the Solid Tumor Program.
- Leukemia Lymphoma Program: Our nationally recognized leukemia and lymphoma experts care for a high volume of patients every year, so you can feel confident that your child is receiving exceptional care. We offer the full range of treatments and care options for blood cancers, including clinical trials and Blood and Marrow Transplant. Learn more about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Program.
- Experimental Therapeutics Program: The dedicated oncology researchers in our program are constantly working to improve the types of treatments available to fight cancer. We offer exclusive access to new treatments through clinical trials. Learn more about the Experimental Therapeutics Program.
- Radiation Oncology Program: We partnered with Johns Hopkins Medicine to create Washington, DC’s first dedicated pediatric radiation oncology program. Our collaborative program offers world-class cancer care through the full spectrum of treatment both at Children’s National and at Johns Hopkins and Children’s National Pediatric Cancer Care at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Learn more about the Radiation Oncology Program.
- Oncology Music Therapy: To alleviate your child’s fears, we’ve designed a Music Therapy program as a creative outlet to release stress and promote healing. Learn more about the Oncology Music Therapy.
Make an Appointment
Share your birthday with a child. Celebrate your life, and give a chance to someone who desperately wants to have as many as you.
Make it happen