Parking Garage Improvements:
Patients and families should allow extra time when arriving for appointments.
Adolescent Health Center at Children's Sheikh Zayed Campus
Dec. 24 - close at 4 p.m.
Dec. 25 (Christmas Day) - closed
Dec. 31. - close at 4 p.m.
Jan. 1 (New Year's Day) - closed
111 Michigan Ave NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20010
This location is accepting new patients.
Regular Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. | Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. | Saturday 9 a.m. - Noon
Manage My Child's Care
Urgent Care (After Hours)
Children's Health Center
Children’s National Health System is committed to providing primary care services to children throughout the Washington, D.C., region. Care is offered at six convenient locations with extended weekday and Saturday hours. We encourage you to visit your medical home when your child is well; however our patients are welcome to be seen for sick care at any of our six convenient health centers.
Adolescent Health Center at Children's Sheikh Zayed Campus provides comprehensive, primary care for adolescents ages 12 to 21. Some 10 and 11 year olds are treated if developmentally mature. Physicians in the Adolescent Health Center also serve as sub-specialty care consultants for community healthcare providers who refer their patients to the center.
- Healthy Generations Program invites adolescent parents to bring their children to the adjacent Children's Health Center at the Hospital, where their child can be treated while they are treated in the Adolescent Health Center.
- Burgess Clinic was established in 1989 to promote a supportive environment and meet the unique medical needs of adolescents infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS -- a place where we can offer young patients both help and hope.
- TASA (Teens Against the Spread of AIDS) is a program for high school students ages 16 – 18 from the Washington, DC area. Using theater, poetry, and hip hop, TASA members educate their peers, parents, and health professionals about important teen health concerns, including HIV, sexuality, and violence.
- Teen Talk is a weekly 'birth control' counseling class that use motivational interviewing techniques to provide comprehensive contraception and disease prevention education for adolescent patients between the ages of 13 and 21.
- TLC (Teen Life Clubs) is a youth development program that improves decision making skills and ultimately reduces sexual risks.
Parking is available in our main campus garage, and parking tickets are validated by the following departments: Family Services (for Social Work clients only), Parking Office (for parents without funds; one time only), and the Security Office (for parents without funds when the Parking Office is closed or parents with a letter signed by a representative of the clinic).
Adolescents between the ages of 12 and 21 years.
- Physical exams and immunizations
- Urgent medical care
- Treatment for asthma
- Allergy shots
- Nutritional support and counseling
- Contraception counseling and family planning
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- HIV antibody counseling and testing
- HIV disease treatment (Burgess Clinic)
- Substance abuse counseling
- Treatment for common adolescent issues, including eating disorders, acne and gynecological problems, including sexually transmitted diseases
Mental Health services are offered at this location on select days of the week, and visits require an appointment. Please call to learn more about specific mental health services offered or to make an appointment.
We have medical advice 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need advice, just call 202-476-5464.
All Children’s Health Center sites in Washington, DC, have received National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition. This nationally recognized designation reflects HC's commitment to patient-centered, coordinated care that supports access, communication and patient involvement.Read more about the award
Our Parenting Site
Everything parents need to know about kids' health, straight from our experts. Go to Rise and Shine