Patient/Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
Our Patient/Family Advisory Council, made up of families whose children have been treated at Children’s National Health System, partners with us to define our approach to care. This council is involved in ongoing projects and helps us improve services to all patients and families. By including parents or guardians in our patients' medical care, we commit to:
- Treating parents, guardians and families with dignity and respect
- Sharing information so families have what they need to be involved in their child’s medical care
- Partnering with parents and guardians in the care of their children
- Valuing input from parents and guardians
2017 Excellence in Patient-Family Centered Care Award
The Patient and Family Advisory Council thanks patients and families for nominating individuals, departments or inpatient or outpatient teams at Children’s National to receive its Excellence in Patient-Family Centered Care Award. This annual award recognizes and honors individuals, medical units or teams who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to delivering patient-family centered care. A winner will be selected later this year.
You can contact the Patient/Family Advisory Council at (202) 476-6365 or at PFAC@childrensnational.org.
- Video: Transitioning Into and Out of the PICU.
There are many unknowns that families face when transitioning into and out of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Here at Children’s National Health System, we want to offer you support by giving you the opportunity to listen to other families who have made this transition before.
- Video: Tracheostomy – What is it and is it right for my child?
Some families of children in the hospital will be asked to consider placing a tracheostomy for their child. In this video, you will find parent-to-parent viewpoints from parents who faced a similar decision for their child.