Employee Resource Center
Welcome to the Employee Resource Center. Children's National Health System offers online resources to staff members so that they can access important tools and information from home or work. Stay up-to-date on email, benefits, and much more!
Click here for new hire orientation
- Bear Mail - Allows employees to access their Children's National Microsoft® Outlook email remotely. Employees can sign in using their assigned network username and password.
- Bear Resources - Finance and Supply Chain and Human Resources-Employee Self Service - Employees can now log onto the Bear Resources websites to view important employee and work information online. Employees can sign in using their assigned network username and password.
- Bear Time - Bear Time (Kronos) is an electronic time and attendance system which standardizes Children's time management process. Staff can review their benefits via PeopleSoft. Employees can sign in using their assigned network username and password. Must be logged in to VPN for access.
- Cornerstone - A web-based tool to provide training anytime, from any internet-ready computer. It is used at Children's National to address key business needs, compliance requirements, clinical, management, and team skills development. Employees can sign in within the network or externally via remote access and selecting the Cornerstone icon.
- Tower - A web-based system designed specifically for the use of Children's National staff, managers, and personnel to track the review process based on assigned goals, job descriptions, and other measures of performance evaluation. Employees can sign in by entering their username: CNMC plus their employee ID number (for example CNMC12345), and password: last name in all capital letters (for example SMITH).
- Children’s National Identity Management System (CNID) - A system for onboarding employees and granting access to Children’s systems. The CNID will be used for all employees, interns, volunteers, contractors, and students. This system will help make the process of joining and leaving Children’s National more efficient. Managers will use the portal to make their access requests for their employees that need additional access or change in access.
- HealthStream ePortfolio - HealthStream is a web-based repository for nurses to collect information and documentation of professional experience, qualifications, and professional activities that one might include in a résumé. The HealthStream application enables one to collect this information in one place. The application also allows the collection and analysis of demographic information for Magnet® compliance reporting.
Please note: To gain access to the Children's National Intranet from home or outside a Children's National location, employees must have VPN access. Employees can learn more and request VPN access by calling the IT Help Desk at 202-476-4357.