Children’s School Services
As part of a public-private partnership with the District of Columbia’s Department of Health (DOH), Children’s School Services (CSS) Program places specialized, dedicated school nurses in 110 DC public schools and 68 public charter schools.
The mission of the Children’s School Services, Inc., is to advance the health and well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students in the District of Columbia.
Children’s School Services, Inc. will be recognized nationally as a best practices model for the delivery of the highest quality school health nursing services that are enhanced by collaboration with public and private sector partnerships including healthcare providers, government officials, educators, families, advocates, and youth.
- We believe every child is entitled to quality healthcare services that will lead to academic success.
- We continually strive to provide high quality, cost-effective and efficient school health nursing services for students and their families that encourage the promotion and maintenance of optimal health and well-being.
- We are committed to ensuring the availability of nurses qualified to provide school health nursing services consistent with Standards of Professional School Nursing Practice and Standards of Care.
- We are committed to advancing service excellence practices that promote exceptional and effective customer services to internal and external customers.
- We provide holistic care that is responsive to the physical, psychosocial, and socio-cultural needs of students as they develop within the family, school setting and the community.
- We are strategically entrepreneurial in the pursuit of excellence, encouraging original thought and are willing to take risks to advance the program based on evidence based practices and sound judgment.
- We are committed to forging public and private partnerships that combine diverse strengths, skills and resources.
- We expect to be measured by what we do as well as what we say.