Pediatric Residents Advocacy Initiative
Because every pediatrician should have the skills to advocate for children’s health or an individual child, we’ve built advocacy into the curriculum of our pediatric residency program.
Our Child Health Advocacy Institute faculty educate residents on:
- Pediatric public health policy
- Principles of advocacy
- How to integrate advocacy into their practice
- The most effective ways to advocate for children
We’ve also designated every August “Advocacy Month.” Weekly lectures, online learning modules, and hands-on field trips aim at increasing pediatric residents’ engagement in patient, community, and legislative advocacy.
Residents who want to get even more involved can choose:
- Elective rotations through CHAI
- The Child Health Advocacy and Public Policy (CHAPP) Pathway
- Our Global Health Curriculum