What patients and families need to know
Pediatric Residents Advocacy Initiative
Because every pediatrician should have the skills to advocate for children’s health or an individual child, we’ve built advocacy into the curriculum of our pediatric residency program.
Our Child Health Advocacy Institute faculty educate residents on:
- Pediatric public health policy
- Principles of advocacy
- How to integrate advocacy into their practice
- The most effective ways to advocate for children
We’ve also designated every August “Advocacy Month.” Weekly lectures, online learning modules, and hands-on field trips aim at increasing pediatric residents’ engagement in patient, community, and legislative advocacy.
Residents who want to get even more involved can choose:
- Elective rotations through CHAI
- The Child Health Advocacy and Public Policy (CHAPP) Pathway
- Our Global Health Curriculum
Launch Annual Report
Community Benefit Report
Share your birthday with a child. Celebrate your life, and give a chance to someone who desperately wants to have as many as you.
Make it happen