Healthiest You! Challenge
Elementary School Students
Developed with the Washington Mystics (WNBA) and Smithsonian’s Anacostia Community Museum, Healthiest You! Challenge brings fun, interactive health activities to students at DC’s Savoy Elementary School.
Healthiest You! Challenge augments Smithsonian’s Anacostia Museum Academy Program (MAP), a long-running arts enrichment program, with health education from Children’s National and other partners:
- Nutrition and food demonstrations from KiPOW, a health and wellness mentorship program
- Sports safety and concussions presentations lead by Safe Kids DC and Children’s SCORE program
- Asthma, lungs, and breathing discussions from IMPACT DC
- Art therapy from Being Me
- Bicycle and road safety activities from the Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- A field trip to the Verizon Center to see the WNBA’s Washington Mystics
The challenge launched as a pilot program in the summer of 2015 with activities planned through the following school year.