The Children's Research Institute
Managed by Stephanie Caldwell and Stephanie Bair, the objective of this office is to provide core business services to research faculty and staff with a focus on grant/contract administration, financial management and analysis while maintaining compliance with federal, state and institutional requirements. The office strives to provide outstanding support and customer service to all faculty and staff.
- Primary point-of-contact for inquiries and information
- Coordinate with faculty to prepare grant applications (proposal budget, administrative documents, and data entry into the approved proposal format)
- Monitor collection and submission of scientific annual reports
- Prepare Just-In-Time requests
- Meet with the faculty and staff regularly to provide financial status, projections, and guidance
- Review and approve all costs to project such as invoices for payment, travel vouchers, cost transfers etc.
- Setup shadow spreadsheets for grants to manage payroll and costs allocated to award
- Ensure proper post-award fiscal management
- Review employee effort allocations and ensure changes are submitted and reflected in the general ledger
- Approve and review expenses to ensure that expenses are allowable, allocable, and reasonable.
- Assist accounting in the close-out of old grants and avoid over expenditure
- Facilitate effort reporting
- Maintain financial compliance with our sponsors