As part of our BERD funded efforts, all requestors can be provided with up to four hours of free support. Additional free support can be provided on a case-by-case basis especially for proposal development or for K-awardees.
DBSM offers the following additional payment options:
- Percent effort (primarily for funded efforts)
- Hourly invoicing (usually done monthly)
- Line item (used for budgeting of Data Management services, and Statistical Consulting services)
- Department dedicated support (for staff dedicated to a department/division)
DBSM Pricing Structure
The following rules are compensation guidelines for DBSM Faculty and Staff:
Annual Effort (for any given year)
|>=10%||Percent Effort or Hourly Rate|
|>=5% but < 10% At least one year with 10% effort || Percent Effort or Hourly Rate |
| >=5% but < 10% each year || Hourly Rate*|
* Percent effort may be considered with prior approval by the Division Chief of BSM
| Data Manager|| $80|
| Data Analyst/Staff Biostatistician|| $85|
| Faculty Biostatistician || $135 |
| IT Systems Analyst|| $105 |
DBSM Pro Bono Effort
- All requestors are permitted 4 hours of free consulting/analysis time. This includes meeting time and work time.
- If the work will result in a paper and DBSM faculty or staff are an author, additional free hours may be provided.
- If the work is to support a grant or other mechanism and DBSM staff or faculty will be funded if awarded, additional free hours may be provided.
- All NIH scholars are permitted up to 24 hours of free time per year.
- All CTSI-CN voucher participants are permitted up to 24 hours of free time.
- Extenuating circumstances for free time requests should be presented to the Division Chief who would then present to Dr. Lisa Guay-Woodford for approval.