Retail Pharmacy and Gift Shop
Visit the Walgreens located on the first floor of the Sheikh Zayed Campus, in the Costco Wholesale Atrium, to purchase gifts medications for patients.
The Walgreens store also sells smoking cessation items, specialty equipment (like breast pumps), toiletries, gift items (like balloons, cards, toys), and healthy snacks and beverages.
The Walgreens pharmacy has trained pharmacists and pharmacy technicians available to serve our patients, families, and employees. The following services are provided by the pharmacy:
- Outpatient pharmacy retail services (including non-sterile compounding)
- Medication consultations
- Medication dispensing
- Administration of CDC-approved vaccinations for children 12 and older (available only for customers who are not patients at Children’s National)
- Gift basket and balloon deliveries (ask a Walgreens cashier or pharmacist for details)
Children’s National physicians can e-prescibe to the hospital’s Walgreens, allowing families to pick up a patient’s prescriptions upon discharge, saving families an additional trip and getting them home faster.
To speak with a pharmacist or pharmacy technician, please call 202-986-1467. Faxes can be sent to 202-986-0438.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm