Graduate/ Post-Graduate Students
Thank you for choosing Children’s National as the site for your upcoming clinical rotation or preceptorship! In preparation, there are several items that must be completed before you can begin. Please review the information below:
- Our orientation for students is accessible via www.childrensnational.org/AffiliateOrientation
- Please follow the directions as noted for ALL STUDENTS and for Graduate Students.
- The information below is all online, but you will still need to go to the site to access and print the documents you will need for clearance. All should be self-explanatory, but let me know if there are questions or concerns.
- ALL information must be submitted as one packet. Incomplete information will not be accepted and will be returned.
IMPORTANT: Tentative submission dates for Graduate Student Paperwork:
|Spring Semester 2017||December 19, 2016 – January 13, 2017 |
|Summer Semester 2017||May 8, 2017 – June 2, 2017|
|Fall Semester 2017||August 21, 2017 – September 15, 2017 |
Please note: No paperwork will be accepted before or after these dates.
Requirements Checklist for Graduate Nursing Students – Non-CNMC Staff
- Contact Sheet (online)
- Contingent Worker Form (online) - * ONLY complete the Contingent Worker Information section. You may use your home or school address for “agency” information. DO NOT SIGN AND DO NOT DATE. Forms submitted incorrectly will be returned. (If using the school address, it must be written out – not just the school’s name).
- Preceptor Acceptance Form (online)
- Nationwide sex offender registry report
- Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- Orientation information (online):
- Safety Quiz
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Immunization Records: Your school may provide an attestation of the following: MMR, HepB, Varicella & DPT. We will require hard-copy documentation of updated:
- PPD/CXR (* PPD must have been placed within the year)
- Drug Screen Testing (within 12 months).
- License(s) for any and all jurisdiction(s) in which you will be doing your clinical experience.
** Documentation must include date of expiration and confirmation of active status.
- Background check (this is covered with your DC license, BUT, if you are going to MD or VA, we will require a NATIONWIDE criminal background check completed within the last 12 months). This means ALL 50 states; not only those states in which you have resided.
- CPR card (hard copy)
- Med test (REQUIRED for all clinical placements)
- Mandatory computer training (This does NOT include training for access. Access training will be completed once you have been cleared. You DO NOT need computer access to begin.
- ID (form will be provided once all of the above have been completed & received)
For Graduate Students: Once completed, please print completed forms and fax, email or hand-deliver all required documents to:
Gay P. Montague, MSN/MHI, MHA, BS HlthSci/Ed., RN-BC
Professional Development Specialist
Phone: (202) 476-4014
Fax: (202) 476-5935