Our Aerodigestive Clinic provides comprehensive, coordinated care to children with complex problems involving the airway, pulmonary function, upper digestive tract, as well as feeding disorders. It’s one of the many highly specialized clinics we offer as part of our Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology) services at Children’s National.
Aerodigestive Clinic at Children’s National
There are many benefits to your child receiving care at a specialized clinic. Most importantly, you can feel confident that every specialist working with your child has expert knowledge of his or her condition and how to most effectively treat it. Our clinic offers:
- Team approach. Our clinic combines the expertise of specialists across the Children’s National network, including ENT, gastroenterology, pulmonary medicine and sleep disorders.
- One-stop care. Our collaborative approach means better care for your child in one appointment, at one location where your child can see all specialists together. Follow up appointments are scheduled as needed with the team or specific providers.
- Personalized treatment. We develop a comprehensive, personalized treatment plan tailored to your child’s needs. We include you in the plan and communicate your primary care provider.
Aerodigestive Clinic: Meet Our Team
In many cases, treating complex airway, pulmonary and digestive disorders requires experts from more than one field. Our Aerodigestive Clinic team combines the care of the following specialties:
- Head & Neck Surgery, part of Ears, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Gastroenterology (stomach)
- Pulmonary Medicine (lungs)
- Sleep Medicine
- Speech Therapist (hearing and speech)
- Nurse Practitioner
Aerodigestive Conditions We Treat
We provide comprehensive care for the full range of pediatric aerodigestive conditions. Conditions our team treats include:
- Chronic cough
- Dysphagia/feeding difficulties
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
- Recurrent croup
- Subglottic stenosis
- Tracheal anomalies
- Tracheoesohageal fistula (TEF)
- Vocal cord paralysis
Referrals to the Aerodigestive Clinic
Patients must be seen by at least one specialist before they can be referred to the Aerodigestive Clinic. We schedule appointments after we receive a referral and obtain all necessary patient information. To make a referral:
For more information, call us at 202-476-2150.