Risks from environmental hazards threaten the future of individual children and potentially, our society as a whole. Protecting children from environmental hazards is the highest priority in environmental medicine. MACCHE addresses different types of environmental health problems.
Watch the presentation Slides
Reproductive Environmental Health
Presented by Susan Buchanan, MD, MPH and Samantha Butts, MD, MSCE
Continuing Education Credit available for this recorded webinar until March 19, 2016! See below for details.
Planning Support: Region III Health Resources and Services Administration, Region III Office on Women’s Health/Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health, Region III Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Region III U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Continuing education credit for this activity is available through the CDC Training and Continuing Education Online system only. Please follow the instructions as provided:
To complete online evaluation:
• Go to the CDC Training and Continuing Education Online at http://www.cdc.gov/tceonline/
• If you have not registered as a participant, click on New Participant to create a user ID and password; otherwise click on Participant Login and login.
• Once logged on to the CDC/ATSDR Training and Continuing Education Online website, you will be on the Participant Services page.
• Click on Search and Register. Use a search method to locate the course and click on View.
• The course number for the 3/19 “ Reproductive Environmental Health” webinar is WC2352
• Click on the course. The course information page will come up.
• Scroll down to “Register Here”
• Click on the type of CE credit that you would like to receive and then “Submit”.
• Three demographic questions will come up.
• Complete the questions and then “Submit”.
• Complete the course evaluation and “Submit”.
• A record of your course completion and your CE certificate will be located in the Transcript and Certificate section of your record.
Credit for the live webcast is available through 4/21/2014; Credit for the archived recorded version will be available after 4/21/14 and until 3/19/2016
If you have any questions or problems contact:
CDC/ATSDR Training and Continuing Education Online
Email at email@example.com
Lora Siegmann Werner, ATSDR/CDC Region 3, 215-814-3141, firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the presentation: Impact of Air Pollution on Children’s Health Presented by Jerome Paulson, MD, FAAP and Laura Kate Anderson Bender December 2013
Watch the presentation: An Introduction to Children’s Health and the Environment Presented by Jerome Paulson, MD, FAAP May 2013
Watch the presentation: Breathing Easy Environmental Management of Asthma
Presented by Jerome Paulson, MD; Kate Scott, MPH, RF; Margret Schnitzer, MSW; Joy Purcell, Esq.; and Molly Savitz, MSN, FNP, AE-C March 2013
Watch the presentation:
Integrating Environmental Health in the Electronic Health Record: Asthma - A Case Study and an Introduction of Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units Presented by Jerome Paulson, MD
Education Facility Clearinghouse:
The Education Facility Clearinghouse collects and disseminates research and other information on effective practices regarding the planning, design, financing, procurement, construction, improvement, operation, and maintenance of safe, healthy, and high-performing facilities for elementary and secondary schools.
The information on this website should not be taken as medical advice, which can only be given to you by your personal health care professional.
"The development of this material was supported in part by funds from the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) trust fund through a cooperative agreement with the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services."
These web pages were supported by the Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics (AOEC) and funded (in part) by the cooperative agreement award number 1U61TS000118-05 from the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).
Acknowledgement: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) supports the PEHSU by providing funds to ATSDR under Inter-Agency Agreement number DW-75-92301301-0. Neither EPA nor ATSDR endorse the purchase of any commercial products or services mentioned in PEHSU publications.