The Global Services Program at Children’s National has served the unique needs of patients and families traveling from around the world for more than 20 years. Members of the Global Services team provide a direct link between international families, their physicians at home, and the latest and most advanced treatments for childhood illnesses and injuries, including the medical expertise and compassionate care trusted by thousands of families.
Traveling abroad for medical care brings many additional challenges for families. The Global Services team assists patients and physicians with every aspect of receiving care abroad, including:
- appointment scheduling
- medical consultations
- travel planning
- Arabic – English interpretation services
- information on navigating the U.S. visa process
- coordinating care with your country’s embassy in Washington (as required)
Our diverse Global Services team is very familiar with the culture and customs of many countries, including those of the Middle East and North Africa region. Many of our physicians also frequently work with partners around the world to care for children and share knowledge with colleagues and students.
We speak your language and are available 24/7 to assist you. Children’s National also has in-country liaisons in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Kuwait City, Kuwait.
Conditions and specialties
Our experts are internationally recognized for their research into innovative treatments for most childhood illnesses. Though we treat almost every childhood illness and injury, key specialties include:
- Blood and marrow transplantation for sickle cell disease, malignant brain tumors, and others
- Cardiac services, including world class cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, and cardiac interventionalists for congenital and acquired heart disease in children.
- Genetics and metabolism, including genetic counseling and clinical care
- Oncology (cancer) and hematology (blood disorders), treating every type of childhood cancer and providing access to the latest research and treatments.
- Neurology and neurosurgery, an international referral destination for children with disease, trauma, or malformation of the brain, spine, or nervous system.
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine, pioneering innovative and minimally invasive procedures for bone and musculoskeletal disorders, including complex spine procedures.
To view a summary of these specialties in Arabic, visit http://www.childrensnational.ae/services, and click the Arabic icon in the upper right corner.
Resources for Families
International Patient Brochure
As you prepare to travel to the U.S. to receive care at Children's National, here is some helpful information to help you plan.
For more than 140 years, Children's National Health System has provided hope to sick children and their families throughout the Washington, DC, region. The caliber of medical expertise we offer is often unparalleled, and so, families from more than 50 countries around the world seek care for their children here.
Resources for physicians from around the world who wish to refer an international family to Children's National, or are seeking other collaboration with the pediatric specialists at our facility or abroad.
Reach a member of the Global Services team to seek care at Children's National or for more information about our services for international physicians and patients.
If you are a physician seeking to refer an international patient to Children's National, fill out this form and a member of the Global Services team will respond within 24 hours.
A leader in the development of innovative new treatments for childhood illness and injury, Children's National's nationally and internationally recognized staff of pediatric healthcare professionals delivers sophisticated care to thousands of families throughout the region and around the world.
We take a team approach to care, where all specialties and departments are integrated to offer the best care overall. We offer everything from primary care through very specialized care, all focused on kids.
Our Telemedicine team designs and executes strategies using electronic and telecommunications technologies to improve access to care and outcomes for children throughout the region, the nation, and the world.
Children's National works with media and the public to share information about our treatment and research programs, and how the general public can help advance our work.
Caring for kids is all we do.