We are looking forward to having you attend our tour Sunday at 2:00pm. We ask that all families arrive at 1:45pm to fill out a form and meet our staff.
You should park in the underground hospital parking garage and come to the MAIN ATRIUM WELCOME DESK on the first floor. You will see the big hot air balloons right above the Welcome Desk. All visitors must sign in at the Welcome Desk and those over 18 must receive a visitor's ID badge. A valid photo ID is required to receive a badge.
Please note that if you arrive later than 15 minutes after the tour start time we cannot guarantee that we can provide you with a tour.
- The tour includes visits to the following areas: Main Atrium, Surgery Waiting/Registration Areas, Pre-Op areas (including induction), Recovery rooms, and (for inpatient stays) an inpatient unit and room. We will also have cookies and water at the end of the tour for you and your group to enjoy!
- It is best if you review the booklet Having Surgery at Children’s prior to your child’s scheduled procedure. We ask that you bring this booklet with you on the tour. If you have not received this booklet we can provide you with one when you come on the tour.
- There is also a pre-surgical tour video in language that is easy for kids to understand. this a brief online tour may help you introduce the hospital setting to your child. We recommend that only the parent or caregiver view the online tour initially. We also have a guide on how to talk to your child and his or her siblings about an upcoming surgery.
Children’s National Health System is committed to protecting patients and visitors from exposures to infectious diseases. Prior to your visit we ask that you notify us if you or anyone who will be on the tour with you has experienced any of the following symptoms within the past five days:
- Fever ( > 100 °F or feeling feverish but no temperature taken)
- Sore throat
- Body aches, chills, and fatigue
- Rash or other skin infections
- Vomiting or diarrhea
If anyone attending with you has experienced these symptoms, we ask that they not participate in the tour.
Please let us know if you have any questions about the tour.
Children’s National Health System
Sheikh Zayed Campus for Advanced Medicine
111 Michigan Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20010
Phone: (202) 476-3812