Top 10 Reasons You Should Read, Comment, Share, Tweet about, and Guest Post on this Blog
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
*Well, we guarantee that you’ll agree or disagree with what you read here.
- Honest career advice from pediatric education leaders
- It won’t even cost you 2 cents to get our 2 cents
- See what pediatricians wish they knew when they were in your shoes
- Peer input, we're keeping it real
- There are more pediatric career choices than there are blogs in the blogosphere
- To move from pre-contemplation to action (without skipping preparation)
- Read about what not to do, for example
- Some of you need a booster dose of advice
- Pediatricians span the seriously serious but also fun and sometimes funny
- We guarantee results*
- Eleven? You'll get more than just 10 reasons...
- Developmental milestones aren’t just for kids anymore
What are we trying to do? Let’s discuss the field you are interested in, pediatrics, and how to get there and thrive along the way. If you are reading this, you have thought about, are becoming, or are already a pediatrician. Congratulations on the contemplation of that big step and/or taking it! Here will be advice and reflections from my colleagues, from your peers, and, of course, from me to you and from you to you.
Please let us know what moves you, makes you wonder, what you agree with, or respectfully disagree with… it is quite okay to challenge these ideas and make other suggestions.
About the Expert
Terry Kind, MD, MPH, is Director of Pediatric Medical Student Education at Children's National Health System. For the last decade she has also served as a primary care pediatrician at the Children's National Health Center at Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue, in Washington, DC.