Hummus and Pepper Sun
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Need a healthy snack to take on-the-go this summer? Try this hummus and pepper sun recipe when the kids get hungry.
Preparation time: 15 minutesInstructions:
- Combine the chick peas, garlic, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- With the food processor running slowly, add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the warm water.
- Pour the hummus into a small bowl. Adjust seasoning to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the hummus bowl in the center of a round plate. Arrange items for dipping around the bowl, so that the hummus looks like the center of the sun, and the dippers look like the sun's rays.
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tbsp. warm water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whole wheat pita bread (sliced into small triangles)
- Red and yellow pepper strips
- Carrot sticks or baby carrots