Nominate a Children's Individual or Team for an 'Excellence in Family-Centered Care Award'
September 07, 2012
September 7, 2012
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at Children’s National Medical Center invites you to nominate an individual, medical unit, or team at Children’s National to receive its “Excellence in Family-Centered Care Award.” This award has been established to recognize and honor individuals, medical units, or teams at Children’s National who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to delivering Family-Centered Care. The nomination deadline is Monday, September 17, 2012.
The core-concepts of family-centered care:
How to submit a nomination:
- Respect for patients and their families
- Information sharing
- Family participation in the development and delivery of each patient's care plan
- Collaboration among healthcare team members
Your nomination should include:
- Please provide a letter describing how your nominee best exemplifies the core concepts of family-centered care. Letters should be no longer than 1-2pages.
- Phone Number
- Nominator's relationship with Children's Medical Center
Where to submit a nomination:
E-mail your nomination letter to:
OR mail or fax the nomination to:
- Nominee Name
- Address (if known)
- Phone number (if known)
- Department of Employment/ Job title
- Date(s) of care given by nominee(s) and location (if applicable)
- In a narrative letter (of no more than 2 pages), please let us know why you feel this individual, medical unit/ department or team best exemplifies the core concepts of Family-Centered Care. In doing so, please list examples of how they have made a difference in your child’s life and the lives of others.
Patient and Family Advisory Council
Children’s National Medical Center
111 Michigan Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20010-2970
Fax: (202) 476-3784