How to Apply
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- From a racial or ethnic minority underrepresented in medicine (URM) including Hispanic/ Latino, Black/ African American, Native American, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander
- In good standing at an LCME accredited medical school
- Passing grades in all core rotations (pediatrics, internal medicine, family medicine, ob/gyn, and surgery) prior to the start of the program. We realize all grades may not be available at the time of application.
- Complete application by May 1, 2016.
How To Apply:
Use this link to access our online application. Complete your application by May 1, 2016.
You will be required to upload:
- USMLE or COMLEX step 1 transcript
- Unofficial or official copy of medical school transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest indicating what you hope to gain from participating in the program. Please limit your letter to one page.
- (Optional) A faculty letter of support may be submitted directly to MSSP@childrensnational.org.
Complete an online application for your visiting rotation through the AAMC Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS)
by May 1, 2016. Search for clinical rotation options at Children's National under George Washington University's Pediatrics options.
*George Washington University medical students register for their electives through the usual process but must complete the MSSP application above.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or read our FAQs to learn more.
Selection will be based upon competitiveness of applicants, consistency of applicant goals with institutional opportunities and program mission, and availability of rotation dates.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by email by early June.
USMLE and COMLEX Transcripts:
You may upload a copy of your personal USMLE or COMLEX transcripts. If you do not have a copy of your transcript, please contact USMLE or COMLEX.