Fetal Medicine Institute: Meet the Team
With over 50 experts from 19 pediatric care disciplines, your baby has access to all the neonatal and pediatric specialists he or she could possibly need. Our breadth of medical expertise ensures your baby receives comprehensive care tailored to meet his or her unique needs.
The Fetal Medicine Institute is led by Adré du Plessis, MBChB, an international expert in the normal and abnormal development of the brain, as well as the mechanisms of injury to the immature brain. Under his leadership, the Fetal Medicine Institute provides individualized and specialized care to unborn babies.
Our team includes experts in:
Fetal Medicine Institute: Comprehensive Care Coordination
Our team also includes specialists dedicated to ensuring your experience with our program goes as smoothly as possible.
Support for Parents: Care Coordinators
As board-certified family nurse practitioners and genetic counselors, our care coordinators specialize in helping families navigate their way through the clinical aspects of our program.
- Call you within one business day of receiving your referral
- Coordinate all the testing and consultations you need, often within a single visit
- Serve as a single point of contact for any questions you have about your baby’s condition or prenatal diagnosis and care
- Ensure a seamless care transition through neonatal and outpatient specialty care
Care coordinators are just one resource available to you and your family. Learn more about resources for families available at the Fetal Medicine Institute.
Support for Referring Physicians: Our Physician Liaison
Our physician liaison is a registered nurse with experience in pediatric intensive care and interventional cardiology. She is a dedicated resource to referring obstetricians and maternal-fetal medicine specialists. She is available to:
- Discuss advanced testing and specialized care programs that may benefit your patients’ babies
- Help coordinate referrals to the Fetal Medicine Institute
- Answer questions about how Children’s National partners with referring providers.
- Learn more about how to refer a patient
For more information or to make an appointment, call us at 202-476-7409 or meet the team.