Dr. Latif is the Director of the Pediatric Psychiatry Consultation-liaison and Emergency Services and heads the Psychiatry Eating Disorders Clinic at the Sheikh Zayed Campus.
Our team takes a multifaceted approach to children and adolescents with eating disorders. We use evidence based treatments for eating disorders to improve outcomes. We treat patients between the ages of 6-17 years of age.
Our focus is as follows:
- Anorexia Nervosa (This clinic complements the services patients can receive at the Donald Delaney Eating Disorders Clinic by offering Family Based Therapy in the Maudsley Treatment Model as well as parent and patient group therapy)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Other Restrictive Eating Disorders
- Psychiatric assessment for treatment planning and assessment and treatment of comorbid issues such as depression and anxiety disorders.
- Family Based therapy for Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa.
- Cognitive Behavior therapy for Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder.
- Cognitive Behavior therapy and parent training for other restrictive eating disorders.
- Group therapy: Patient and parent support groups run simultaneously.
Finza Latif, M.D. Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Aisha Meertins, LCSW (Family based therapy; Cognitive Behavior therapy)
Rachel Englehart, R.D. (Nutritional Consultation)
To refer a patient to the Psychiatry Eating Disorders Clinic, call 202-476-4733
To refer a patient for patient and parent support groups, call 202-476-4842