Employee Resource Center
Welcome to the Employee Resource Center. Children's National Health System offers online resources to staff members so that they can access important tools and information from home or work. Stay up-to-date on email, benefits, and much more!
Click here for new hire orientation
- Bear Mail - Allows employees to access their Children's National Microsoft® Outlook email remotely. Employees can sign in using their assigned network username and password.
- Bear Resources - Finance and Supply Chain and Human Resources-Employee Self Service - Employees can now log onto the Bear Resources websites to view important employee and work information online. Employees can sign in using their assigned network username and password.
- Bear Time - Bear Time (Kronos) is an electronic time and attendance system which standardizes Children's time management process. Employees can sign in using their assigned network username and password. Must be logged in to VPN for access.
- CHEX - A web-based tool to provide training anytime, from any internet-ready computer. CHEX is used at Children's National to address key business needs, compliance requirements, clinical, management, and team skills development. Employees can sign in by entering their username: CNMC plus their employee ID number (for example CNMC12345), and password: last name in all capital letters (for example SMITH).
- Decision Critical for Nurses - A repository of professional achievements and activities for RNS and APRNs working at Children's National. A username and password is required.
- Tower - A web-based system designed specifically for the use of Children's National staff, managers, and personnel to track the review process based on assigned goals, job descriptions, and other measures of performance evaluation. Employees can sign in by entering their username: CNMC plus their employee ID number (for example CNMC12345), and password: last name in all capital letters (for example SMITH).
- Children’s National Identity Management System (CNID) - A system for onboarding employees and granting access to Children’s systems. The CNID will be used for all employees, interns, volunteers, contractors, and students. This system will help make the process of joining and leaving Children’s National more efficient. Managers will use the portal to make their access requests for their employees that need additional access or change in access.
Please note: To gain access to the Children's National Intranet from home or outside a Children's National location, employees must have VPN access. Employees can learn more and request VPN access by calling the IT Help Desk at 202-476-4357.