As a new member of our team, we hope that you will share our sense of pride and commitment to Children’s National and the patients and families we serve. We are committed to ensuring that patients and families are at the core of everything we do. We must think bigger, apply innovation, and create new connections and partnerships to address the new realities of healthcare. Together, we will embrace new challenges and re-imagine how we care for kids.
We firmly believe that employees feel better about the place they work if they have as much information as possible. Our New Hire Orientation portal will prepare you to provide our patients and families with the best care possible.
Begin your New Hire Orientation!
New Hire Orientation Quick Start Guide
View the New Hire Guide and Returning User Guide.
Steps to Complete Your Orientation
1) Click the blue button labeled New Hire Orientation.
2) A new window will open where you can either
- Register as a New User
- Click on New Users, Click here to Register!
- Enter the Registration Code: cnmc -> Click Submit Code
- Enter your information in the required fields -> Click Register
- You will receive a message box (and an email) with your User ID and Password – keep this information for future logins -> click Continue
- You will then be brought back to the login screen
- Login to begin or continue with your orientation
- Enter Username and Password -> Click Login
- The first time you visit the orientation, you will need to choose a Security Question (use drop-down to choose), then enter your Answer -> Click Update
3) Click the New Hire Orientation button.
4) Click the Launch Course button. Be sure to keep this screen open while you complete your orientation, DO NOT CLOSE this window. A new window will open with your orientation, which includes 11 Lessons.
5) Click on each Lesson and view in its entirety.
- If you wish to stop and return later, the system will bookmark your spot and resume there when you return.
- You will know that you have completed a lesson when you hear “congratulations” at the end of the lesson and on the main lesson page a green check mark will appear beside the lesson to show completion.
6) You have completed the Orientation course when you hear “congratulations you have completed the New Hire Orientation” and a green check mark will be to the right of every lesson. Once you have completed all 11 lessons, close only the lesson window. This allows the screen to refresh and send the updated information to your orientation account.
7) You will now see that the certificate button is now enabled. Click on the Certificate button to view and print your completion certificate. You can also print your certificate and view your course by clicking on the My Transcript tab at the top of your account page.
- Do not use an iPad to take this course.
- This course is best viewed over a broadband connection with a current/recent browser version.
- If a slide freezes/will not move forward be sure to clear your browser history or cache
- This is usually accessed from the Tools menu -> Internet Options
- Disable Pop-up blockers on your browser
- This is usually accessed from the Tools menu
- Adobe Flash player is required and should be an updated version
- Go to your Control Panel to see if Adobe is listed
- Free download at www.Adobe.com/Flashplayer
- Java is required
- Go to your Control Panel to see if Java is listed
- Free download at www.Java.com/getjava/
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to read new hire question and answers.
- Do not use a tablet device (iPad) to take this course.
- This course is best viewed over a broadband connection with the most recent browser version.
- Disable pop-up blockers on your browser.
- Adobe Flash is required and should be an updated version.
Please contact the Human Resources Department with any other questions at 202-745-3160.