Future of Pediatrics
"Practical Pediatrics for Practicing Pediatricians"
CNHN has sponsored its Future of Pediatrics CME Program annually each June since 1999. The program includes two full-days of CME presentations - targeted at improving the care provided by practicing pediatricians. We have aligned our CME program with the Children’s National Annual Medical Staff dinner- bringing our community pediatricians and Children’s National specialists together for an evening.
Future of Pediatrics 2014
Marriott North Bethesda Hotel & Conference Center, June 4, 2014
CME Program: "Practical Pediatrics for the Practicing Pediatrician"
Future of Pediatrics 2014: Helpful resources
Did you miss the 2013 CNHN Future of Pediatrics program?
Children's National has recorded and archived our presentations from past meetings. View and download the information from the tab below.
Day 1: Wednesday June 4th, 2014
- Scott Norton, MD, Iris Rubin, MD, Maren Shaw, MD- Dermatalogic Potpourri [Download PDF 1 | Download PDF 2]
- Scott Norton, MD, Maren Shaw, MD- Atopic Dermatitis; Guidelines & Best Practices
- James Chamberlain, MD- Five Articles That Will Change Your Practice
- Lisa Hom, MD, Gerard Martin, MD- The Right Hand and One Foot: A CCHD Screening Update
- Lowell Frank, MD, Ellie Hamburger, MD- Role of the General Pediatrician in the Care of the Child with Congenital Heart Disease
- Ashraf Harahsheh, MD, Lisa Hom, M.D.- Chest Pain in Children: Can We Standardize Our Care?
- Mark Weissman, MD- Children’s National Announcements
- Jerome Paulson, MD- Climate Change & Children’s Health
- Kristin Breslin, MD, Jennifer Chapman, MD, Shilpa Patel, MD- Fever in the Returned Traveler
- Parvarti Mohan, MD- Elevated ALT-What Does it Mean? (Chronic Hepatitis in Children)
- Matthew Oetgen, MD- Hip Dysplasia in Children
- Tanya Hinds, MD, Matthew Oetgen, MD- Orthopedic Injury: Accidental or Not?
- Ken Rosenbaum, MD- Top 10 Dysmorphic Syndromes
- Brendan Lanpher, MD- Genetic Testing in 2014
Day 2: Thursday June 5th, 2014
- Michael Keller, MD- Newborn Screening for SCID and Related Primary Immodeficiency Disorders
- Naida Kaloo, MD- Urinary Tract Infections
- Priya Vaidyanthan, MD- Thyroid Disorders: A Practical Approach
- Deepika Darbari, MD- Interpretation & Management of Hematologic Disorders Identified on Newborn Screening Evaluations
- Allistair Abraham, MD- Bone Marrow Transplantation for Sickle Cell Disease
- Mark Weissman, MD- CNHN Updates & Announcements
- Lauren Kenworthy, MD, Sinan Turnacioglu, MD- Autism Updates: Screenings, Referrals & Treatments
- Amanda Thompson, MD- “Sad Isn’t Always Bad”: Understanding the Grieving Child
- Anil Darbari, MD- Functional Abdominal Pain in Children
- Brian Reilly, MD- Bionic Ear: Implantable Hearing Devices for Children
- Marc DiFazio, MD, Gerard Gioia, MD, Elizabeth Wells, MD- Concussions in Children (Panel)
Future of Pediatrics 2013
Download the Full Agenda
Day 1: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- Fran Cogen, MD - Collaboration of Care in Type 2 Diabetes: Latest AAP Guidelines
- Nancy Bauman, MD, Sona Sehgal, MD, Fosolade Ogunlesi, MD - Perplexing Child with Chronic Respiratory Illness
- Laurie Conklin, MD - Health Maintenance for Children with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Scott Norton, MD - Disorders of Hypo & Hyperpigmentation
- Scott Norton, MD, Katherine Deye, MD - Warts & Molluscum in the 21st Century, Additional Presentation
- Jerome Paulson, MD - Lead Poisoning in the 21st Century
- Robin Doroshow, MD - Heart Murmurs in Kids: Innocent or Guilty? You Be the Judge
- Jacqueline Sanz, PhD - Neurodevelopment Follow-Up in Children with Congenital Heart Disease
- Brooke Bokor, MD, Kathy Woodward, MD - Update on Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC’s)
- Brooke Bokor, MD, Kofi Essel, MD - Energy Drinks – What Every Pediatrician Should Know?
- Il-Lu Chen, MD, Elizabeth Durmowicz - Newly Emerging Tobacco Products: What You and Your Patients Needs to Know
- Craig Peters, MD - Dealing with the Wet Child: Making it to Dry
Day two: Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Brian Reilly, MD - Otitis Media – Best Practices
- Matthew Oetgen, MD - Back Pain in Children & Adolescents: Clinically & Cost Effective Treatment
- Barbara Jantausch, MD - Tis the Season: Diagnosis & Treatment of Tickborne Diseases
- Kirtida Mistry, MD - The Diagnosis & Management of Hypertension in Children
- Marc DiSabella, MD - Pediatric Headache: Consult & Referral Guidelines (Guidelines | Recommendations)
- Rhonique Shields-Harris, MD, Molly Savitz, MD, Mark Weissman, MD - Improving Asthma Care Locally & Regionally
- Lee Beers, MD - Mental Health & The Medical Home
- Jay Salpekar, MD - ADHD Treatment: What’s New in 2013?
- Adelaide Robb, MD - Psychopharmacology of Depression & Anxiety
- Martine Solages, MD - Mental Health Emergencies in Primary Care: Crisis & Risk Management
- Aaron Rakow, MD - Traumatic Events & Children: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Marc DiFazio, MD - Update on Children with Tourette’s & PANDAS
- Cathy Scheiner, MD, Tracy Goodman, Joy Purcell - School Law for the Pediatrician (How to Help Children Get the Services They Need), Law Cases