Pharmacy Residency Program Year One
How To Apply
Required Education and Training
Completion of a Doctor of Pharmacy program in an ACPE-accredited college or school of pharmacy and licensure or eligibility for licensure in the District of Columbia are required.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
None. Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) and American Pharmacists Association Immunization Certifications preferred.
Potential candidates for Children's National Medical Center Pharmacy Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Residency Program should submit an application no later than January 8. The residency year normally begins in July. Please type or print clearly all entries on the application. The items below should be submitted with your application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- It should include (but not be limited to) schools or universities attended (including dates), degrees conferred or expected, honors, and awards, extracurricular activities, your work experience, clinical rotations (taken or scheduled), and other pertinent information
- One page statement of professional goal
- Include both short term and long term, as well as why you want to pursue residency training in general and specifically at Children’s National Medical Center
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two of which are from clinical or academic faculty and one from the most recent employer
- Each individual who is writing a recommendation will submit directly to PhORCAS
- Optional (upload as supplemental)
- Passport sized photograph to help us remember you and your interview
An on-site interview at Children’s National Medical Center is required. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their applications, personal statements and letters of recommendation at a mutually convenient time during late January or February.
Applications Process: Please submit applications through PhORCAS at http://www.ashp.org/phorcas
Kathy Pham, Pharm.D, BCPS
Director, Pharmacy Residency Programs
Children's National Medical Center
Division of Pharmacy
111 Michigan Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20010-2916