If your child is a patient in the burn clinic and you have a question after hours, call 202-476-5000 and ask for the burn nurse practitioner or surgical resident on call.
Call Children’s Burn Team if your child…
- Has a temperature greater than 101.5° that lasts for
- two days.
- Has thick, bad smelling fluid from the burn wound.
- Has redness around the burn wound.
- Has bleeding that continues after applying constant pressure for two minutes.
- Has a dressing that will not stay in place.
- Has a dressing which has moved leaving the burn wound exposed.
- Has an outer dressing that is completely saturated.
- Will not eat.
- Has significant pain.
- Departments & Programs - Children's National Medical Center