Our Mission and Vision
Children's Mission Statement
As the nation’s children’s hospital, the mission of Children’s National Medical Center is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education.
We accomplish this through:
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families.
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges.
Children’s Vision Statement
As the nation's children's hospital, we will set the standard of excellence for the care of children.
- We will serve as the voice for the most vulnerable among us: our children.
- We will lead the quest to cure some of childhood’s most devastating diseases.
- We will prepare the nation’s future leaders in child health.
- We will be the children’s hospital against which all others are measured.
Children’s Child-Centered Vision
By incorporating feedback from our families, we have developed our first child-centered vision, which looks at the hospital experience through a child’s eyes. Healing a child’s body, mind and spirit takes more than medicine: it takes a team to fulfill a family’s dream.
- My hospital is a bright and happy place that feels like home.
- My providers, my family, and I are a team, and everyone's job is important.
- The way my hospital works is built around me.
- My providers don't all look alike.
- My hospital is my family's connection to everything I need for my health, whether they provide it or blaze trail it.